Friday, May 29, 2009

Red Shield Appeal

As a member of my local charity "Communities for Communities" (www.communitiesforcommunities.com.au) I was invited to the launch breakfast of the Salvation Army Red Shield appeal. (www.salvos.org.au) It was great to be able to chat with some officers and learn more about the work they do in our community. I also then helped out on Sunday at area headquarters, happily not far from me. I greeted teams coming in from the doorknocking (lovely to see all the young people helping) and helped them organise counting and handing in their money and also did some money counting myself. I always thought counting money was a wonderful occupation but counting those $5 notes seemed pretty tiring!

It was a great community event and with everyone pitching in and with some very generous donations we were able to hand over $95,000. The gentleman from Rotary who cooked up a sausage sizzle for the collectors figured he'd cooked about 40,000 sausages during his sausage sizzling career! What are you doing to make a difference?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home